Who launched ‘Veer Parivar App‘, a mobile application for families of CRPF personnel killed in the line of duty
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ram Nath Kovind
C) Susma Swaraj
D) Raj Nath Singh
Recently, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) celebrated its 54th Valour Day (Shaurya Diwas).
On the occasion, President Ram Nath Kovind launched ‘Veer Parivar App‘, a mobile application for families of CRPF personnel killed in the line of duty.
About the Veer Parivar App:
- The App is an interface between the CRPF authorities and the next of kin of the slain personnel. It will be installed securely on the phones of the slain personnel families and will not be available in the app stores.
- The app will provide assistance to the families of the martyred CRPF personnel with regard to issuance of ex gratia, pension benefits etc. The app will also provide all the necessary information regarding the welfare schemes introduced for them by the government.
- The App will provide assistance to the families on a real-time basis and the CRPF authorities will respond to the issues raised by the members of the families of the slain personnel.
54th Valour Day or Shaurya Diwas:
- The CRPF celebrates 9 April as Shaurya Diwas or Valour Day to commemorate the defence of the Sardar Post in the Rann of Kutch at the onset of the India-Pakistan War of 1965.
- In the intervening night of 8 and 9 April 1965, nearly 3500 men from the 51st Infantry of Pakistani Army invaded India at Sardar Post. The Pakistani Army comprised 18 Punjab battalion, 8 Frontier Rifles, and 6 Baluch battalion. Their mission was to capture the Indian territory defended by Sardar Post.
- The post was guarded by two battalions of CRPF, roughly 150 soldiers. Compared to the Pakistani Army, the CRPF soldiers were no match in terms of an arsenal. Additionally, the terrain was disadvantageous for the defending forces.
- A fight ensued in which the Pakistani Army made three attempts to overrun the post. The battle lasted for 12 hours. In the end, the Pakistani Army fled the battleground leaving behind 34 of their men dead and CRPF lost six of its brave soldiers. Ever since the day has been celebrated by the CRPF as the Valour Day or Shaurya Diwas.
Union government retained the interest rate for General Provident Fund (GPF), Contributory Provident Fund and other related schemes at ___ % for the first quarter of the current financial year 2019-2020
The interest rate on these funds was at 8 per cent in the January-March quarter of 2018-19 and government kept it unchanged for April to June for 2019-20.
The Department of Economic Affairs, in a notification, the mentioned interest rate will be applicable on provident funds of central government employees, railways and defence forces.