- Apple has announced the acquisition of chip-maker Intel”s smartphone modem business for $1 billion.
- Cars24 has received a non-banking finance company (NBFC) licence from the RBI.
- Chandigarh received affiliation from the Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) after nearly four decades.
World Hepatitis Day, observed on July 28 every year, aims to raise global awareness of hepatitis — a group of infectious diseases known as Hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E — and encourage prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
World Hepatitis Day provides an opportunity to focus on actions such as :
The Haryana government on 28th July 2017 banned mixing of liquid nitrogen in drinks and food, according to news agency PTI, days after a Delhi man burnt a hole in his stomach after drinking a cocktail containing the chemical.
Baruch Samuel ‘Barry‘ Blumberg (28 July 1925 – 15 April 2011) was an American doctor and co-recipient of the 1976 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (with Daniel Carleton Gajdusek) for his work on the Hepatitis B virus as an investigator at the NIH,and the President of the American Philosophical Society from 2005 until his death.
- 1938 The Pan American Airways flying boat Hawaii Clipper disappeared in the western Pacific Ocean en route from Guam to Manila.
- 1925 Born : Baruch Samuel Blumberg, American physician and geneticist who was awarded the 1976 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.