- 5th edition of ‘IASMC’ kicks off in Jaisalmer.
- All India Tennis Association (AITA) announced Mahesh Bhupathi as the skipper for the India-Pakistan Davis Cup tie.
- Former External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, 67 years old, passed away on 6th August.
8th August 1942, Quit India Movement is launched in India against the British rule in response to Mahatma Gandhi‘s call for swaraj or complete independence.
About The Quit India Movement :
The Quit India Movement (Bharat Chhodo Andolan), or the India August Movement (August Kranti), was a civil disobedience movement launched in India on 8 August 1942 by Mahatma Gandhi.
- 2013 Died : Karen Blanche Black (née Ziegler), American film actress, screenwriter, singer and songwriter who won two Golden Globe Awards.
- 2010 A mudslide occurred in Gansu, China, killing over 1,470 people. It was caused by heavy rainfall and flooding that began in early May 2010.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is a regional organisation comprising ten Southeast Asian states which promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic integration amongst its members.