Current Affairs » October 2020 » International Stuttering Awareness Day Is Observed Globally On 22nd October Every Year
- 14 States have reported a reduction in the prevalence of parasitic intestinal worm infection also known as Soil-Transmitted Helminthiases (STH).
- A National Symposium & Exhibition on “MEMORIES OF 22 OCTOBER 1947” is being organised by the National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation & Museology(NMI).
- An Atma-Nirbhar Bharat Training Center has been started in Madhya Pradesh.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the Super Speciality cancer hospital in Lucknow.
- India has acquired the second rank in terms of the number of migrants going to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries and acquiring the citizenship of those countries.
- International Stuttering Awareness Day is observed globally on 22nd October every year.
- MS Dhoni has become the first player in the history of Indian Premier League to have played 200 matches.
- Odisha Chief Minister, Naveen Patnaik has launched the electricity consumer service portal ”Mo Bidyut” and a mobile app through video conference.
- Railway Protection Force (RPF), Visakhapatnam has started implementing ‘Meri Saheli’ initiative in AP Express (Visakhapatnam to New Delhi), in order to provide proactive security to women passengers.
- Renowned TV actress, Zarina Roshan Khan passed away.
- Singapore became the World’s First Country to attach Facial verification in the National Identification Database.
- The Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari virtually laid the foundation stone for the first-ever multi-modal logistic park of India, at Jogighopa, in Bongaigaon district of Assam.
- Union Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar has launched “AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR”.
- Uttar Pradesh govt is expanding the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Ayushman Bharat in the state.
- Veteran Economist and bureaucrat N K (Nand Kishore) Singh has released his autobiography titled “Portraits of Power: Half a Century of Being at Ringside”.
Recent Current Affairs Questions
Recent One Liner Current Affairs