- A UN report has said, more than 821 million people suffered from hunger worldwide last year.
- India will host International Shooting Sport Federation( ISSF) World Cup 2020
- World Day for International Justice, is celebrated throughout the world on July 17
Adam Smith : ‘Father of Modern Economics‘
Adam Smith (16 June 1723 – 17 July 1790) was a Scottish moral philosopher, pioneer of political economy, and a key figure in the Scottish Enlightenment.
Smith is best known for two classic works: The Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759), and An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations (1776).
- 1935 Born : Donald Sutherland, Canadian actor whose career spans over 50 years. He is known for playing a diverse range of characters in acclaimed films.
- 1918 The Bolsheviks murdered Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and his immediate family and retainers at the Ipatiev House in Yekaterinburg, Russia.