- Centre has decided to prepare a National Population Register (NPR) by September 2020 across the country.
- Cricket commentator Anant Setalvad, passes away.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar attended 10th Mekong-Ganga Cooperation (MGC) in Thailand’s Bangkok.
Sir Alexander Fleming FRS FRSE FRCS (6 August 1881 – 11 March 1955) was a Scottish biologist, pharmacologist and botanist.
His best-known discoveries are the enzyme lysozyme in 1923 and the antibiotic substance benzyl penicillin (Penicillin G) from the mould Penicillium notatum in 1928, for which he shared the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1945 with Howard Florey and Ernst Boris Chain.
- 1990 The United Nations Security Council ordered a global trade embargo against Iraq, thus responding Iraq‘s invasion to Kuwait.
- 1985 Died : Forbes Burnham, Guyanese politician, Prime Minister of Guyana from 1964 to 1980 and President of Guyana from 1980 till his death. He is revered as a leader, who fought for nationalism and encouraged manufacture and export of local products.